2017 Reaxys PhD Prize - 10 shortlisted candidates announced
We are pleased to announce the 10 shortlisted candidates who have been selected from this year’s Reaxys PhD Prize 45 finalists. They are invited to give oral presentations at the Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium on 19 and 20 October in Shanghai, China.
The oral presentation is the last step in the reviewing process of the Reaxys PhD Prize. Three winners will be chosen from these ten presentations by the members of the Reaxys Advisory Board and PhD Prize Coordinators and announced at the Symposium dinner on 20 October.
The ten shortlisted candidates who will be presenting at the 2017 Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium are:
1. Ahmed Badran from the Liu group, Harvard University
2. Joshua Barham from the Murphy group, University of Strathclyde
3. Alexander Giovannitti from the McCulloch group, Imperial College London
4. Maria Cristina Lo Giudice from the Dawson group, University College Dublin
5. Moritz Malischewski from the Seppelt group, Freie University of Berlin
6. Ryo Nakano from the Nozaki group, University of Tokyo
7. Dennis Nielsen from the Skrydstrup group, Aarhus University
8. Thomas Osberger from the White group, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
9. Jessica Rodriguez Villar from the Mascareñas group, University of Santiago de Compostela
10. Changchun Yuan from the Liu group, Sichuan University
Candidates have been reviewed by an external review board comprised of members of the Reaxys Advisory Board; the review criteria include the originality, innovation, applicability, importance, and rigor of the reported research. The same board of chemistry leaders will select the three winners from the oral presentations given by the ten candidates they have shortlisted.
All of the original 45 finalists from this year’s Prize are invited to attend the Symposium and present their work during a poster session.